Kyle, Kelly Jo and Kash

Together We Make A Family

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

This Day: 2 YEARS AGO #2

This day, 2 years ago, on a Tuesday was the day we got to take Kash home. It was such an emotionally day. We were so happy to be going home with our baby but at the same time feeling so sad for Whitney. We had spent three days bonding with her and bonding with Kash, it was hard to say goodbye this day. I waited so long to be a mom and at the same time I didn't want Whitney leaving without this amazing little blessing. It felt like I had taken something so great from her. I was ready for her to pack her bags and come home with us :)

The day went by so fast. We had just enough time to get Whitney a few things before we went to the hospital. We got there and they were ready to check Kash out. Our case workers showed up soon after we arrived and it was time. Time to sign the papers that he would be offically ours. Our case worker was with us in the hall and Whitney's case worker was in the hospital room with her and her family. Her mom, dad and all the sisters were in there with her. When they came out it was time to go in there with her. I was shaking and  sick to my stomach. I sat on the bed with Whitney and Kyle read her this candy card we had made her, we sat and cried together. I remember having my arm around and she felt so warm, it helped me feel comfort to be right by her. She gave him to me and he started to cry. Our case worker said they usually always cry when they are handed over and he did. We dressed him together, in the outfit she had given us in when she picked us to be the adoptive parents. We got pictures together and then it was time to say goodbye.

2 comments:

Madalyn said...

Those are great pictures, and an even better story!

Whitney M. said...

So, Im totally sitting by myself and bawling. This is such a great story and exactly how it happened too. Im sooo thankful you guys are such wonderful people and you make an amazing family!! I couldn't ask for a better life for Kash.

Post a Comment